Friday 19 February 2010

Radio Kima Interview

This is my hundredth blog posting!

Well, I survived the two hour live radio interview last night and thoroughly enjoyed it, thanks to the excellent and sympathetic producer/presenter Angela Rengi. It wasn't "Hard Talk" although there were some hard and personal questions. We established a good rapport. My Greek seemed to fail me at times. It's frustrating when you can't think of the right word or witty answer when you need it. I was able to play some of my favourite songs. This was the final playlist:

Dromoi Palioi (Mikis Theodorakis).
San Pethano Sto Karavi (Sotiria Bellou).
Ta Kleftopoula/Paidia tis Samarinas (Savvas Siatras).
Mia Mera Pou Tha Kanei Krio (Aliki Kayaloglou/Mikis Theodorakis).
Thirty One (Jim Potts/Raul Scacchi)
Theresa (Raul Scacchi/Jim Potts/Kaliroe Raouzeou)
I Just Want to Make Love To You (Louise Hoffsten)
Shake It Baby (John Lee Hooker)
Bird On a Wire (Johnny Cash)

There were a lot more songs I wanted to play (no time even for Bob Dylan!), but I hope everyone was satisfied with the selection. We discussed many other topics apart from music, including my new book "The Ionian Islands and Epirus, A Cultural History".

I once had my own blues radio programme in Sydney. On the whole I prefer to be on the other side of the mike. I was very impressed by the professionalism of the Radio Kima studio.

A big thank you again to Angela, and to Taki, who arranged it.

No comments:

Post a Comment