Wednesday 25 January 2012

Theo Angelopoulos accident

The Greek film director Theo Angelopoulos has died following an accident. He was hit by a motorcyclist.

See an older posting on Angelopoulos in Zagori


It was only a few weeks ago that I was watching his great film "The Weeping Meadow".

I have followed his work since his first feature, "Reconstruction", but I haven't always enjoyed his films. I remember walking out of the overlong "Megalexandros", in spite of the superb compositions and cinematography, and his perspectives on modern Greek history. Viewers are not always in the right mood for the slow pace of his films. I will try again.



A tragic end to a unique cinematic talent.

Don't miss the film extract in this posting from Keep Talking Greece.

I know the feeling.



No comments:

Post a Comment